INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY DIRECTORATE
The Information Communication Technology function is a cross-cutting and therefore seeks to address the connectivity and harnessing of the emerging technologies to enhance Police operations. Modernizing the infrastructure and services that support crime detection and prevention is a priority of the directorate.
The vision of the ICT Directorate is to transform the GPS into an automated work environment that supports crime prevention and detection.
The mission of the ICT Directorate is to provide, coordinate, and facilitate the use of technology and information resources to the satisfaction of the Service and its stakeholders.
The directorate is organized into four functional units namely;
1. Technical support,
2. Software development
3. Data management and
4. Electronic Policing (ePolicing)
1. ICT Policy, Strategic direction, development and implementation
2. Provision of hardware & software
3. Automation of core services
4. Maintain server functions for email, internet, databases, file storage and administration
6. Data management services
7. Technical Support Services
8. Website design and development